- Saint Nicholas of Myra, the original Santa Claus, was the patron saint of children, thieves and pawnbrokers.
- Based on previous surveys, 17 percent of you will embarrass yourselves in some way at your office Christmas party.
- A Mongolian wild ass can run 8 mph faster than a reindeer.
- It's Donder, not Donner.
- Christmas pudding should be stirred from east to west.
- 56 percent of Americans sing holiday carols to their pets.
- 53 percent of Americans plan to "re-gift" this year.
- 1 in 3 men will wait until Christmas Eve to finish their shopping.
- 1 in 6 men would like to get rid of all the "gift-giving nonsense.
- A traditional Christmas dinner in early England was the head of a pig prepared with mustard.
- Christmas Eve in 2001, the Bethlehem Hotel had 208 of its 210 rooms free.
- It's "God rest ye merry, gentlemen," not "God rest ye, merry gentlemen."
- There are 1.76 billion candy canes produced every year.
- Kris Kringel, a man in his 40s, lives in North Pole, Alaska, and delivers pizzas for a living. He drives a 1984 Ford Tempo.
- Based on a 1999 estimated population count of North America and Europe, on Christmas Eve of that year Santa Claus had to visit 42,466,666 homes in a 12-hour period — that's 983 homes per second.
The Rudiments of Evidence
2 days ago